Wednesday, September 06, 2006

FALL CLEANING

Hey all,

Per e-mail discussions it has been written and decreed that we shall continue Bookfest into next year. However, to accommodate busy schedules related to work, family, children, too many books to read, etc., we will be limiting our reads to 1-2 books a month instead of the current 4. I'm presently working out a system by which we can select our titles and have something going that everyone has suggested. Should be very fun.

In the meantime, if you have a friend or know of someone who might like to join us for the coming year, please let me know. Thus far I have convinced a few people to try joining us and you may find their name/profile on the sidebar here very shortly. (Newbies are welcome to post and comment whenever they'd like!) The three new people to introduce are:

1. Katie (Bonnie's sister);
2. Karen (guest reader, suggestor and blogger extraordinaire);
3. Lisa (T. Who stalks and comments. Check out her comments on Blue Like Jazz. I'm particularly partial to the opening quote.)

I have a few others in mind that I'll be asking but let me know if you have someone in your back pocket that you've been waiting to whip out and unleash upon us all!

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh and btw - my pregnant brain picked The Christmas Carol (Dickens) in December and forgot that I had already picked a Dickens for September. (A Tale of Two Cities) I dislike repeating authors over the course of the same year for the same bookclub. That being said, I changed my December pick to The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo. We haven't read him yet (and I wasn't quite willing to pull out Les Mis)

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger LT said...

UGH and I OBJECT!!!! No offense to dear C who picked it--but 've read the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Sorry to spoil it for those who haven't read it, but it is utterly, completely, absolutely depressing, with no redemption, no hope, no light, no resolve....absolutely nothing positive, uplifting or inspiring anywhere in the book. The ending is particularly dark, dreary and depressing. While the writing is well done, the verbal imagery vivid--it is a dismal display of the depravity of man. It reflects a world, a life without hope. I will DEFINITELY NOT be re-reading that book.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Yeesh someone is full of opinions to share these days. ;D LOL!

Well, I've never read it before. So I'll read it with or without everyone else. If every clammers up with pitchforks and axes I'll change it back....

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger LT said...

Hehe...well I suppose you can have your own opinion and decide what books you want to read. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home