Friday, September 01, 2006

The Official List

Behold! I bring you glad tidings of great joy! We have our book selection lists in for the remainder of the year. Hightail it to libraries and bookstores to make sure you get a copy by the time story time rolls around. =D Thanks for the recommendations. I think we'll finish off this year well.

OCTOBER:

1. The Princess Bride, by William Goldman (Sky);
2. Any book from the Mitford series, by Jan Karon (Carrie);
3. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee (Anneke); and
4. Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh (Bonnie).

NOVEMBER:

1. Foundation, by Isaac Asimov (Rose);
2. Absolution by Murder, by Peter Tremayne (Sky);
3. A Morbid Taste for Bones, by Ellis Peters (Bonnie); and
4. Hank the Cowdog, by John R. Erickson (Carrie)*.

*Note: I had a murder mystery picked for November as well but thought 3 might prove overkill. ;) ha!

DECEMBER:

1. Innside Nantucket, by Frank Gilbreath, Jr. (Anneke)*;
2. The Family Nobody Wanted, by Helen Doss (Rose)*;
3. My Friend Flicka, by Mary O'Hara (Sky); and
4. The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Victor Hugo (Carrie)

*Innside Nantucket seems to be out of print. It was published in 1954. Same author as Cheaper by the Dozen. (I anticipate a good story!) This one may require some tracking down. The Family Nobody Wanted was first published in 1945 and may be difficult as well, although Amazon had a new 2001 edition at an outrageous price for a paperback.

Looks like fun! Thanks again!

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger B said...

Oooh...great choices. I can read all of these. And even though I dislike Dickens and his Victorian literature--I love A Christmas Carol! It's absolutely delightful. I may have in absentia during September because of our situation, but I'll faithfully start reading again in October.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home