Thursday, December 22, 2005

Proposal

I have a book club in which we read a book (or two depending on size) a month.

- January we are reading High Fidelity by Nick Hornsby.
- February - The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
- March - Mythology by Edith Hamilton
- April - The Quiet American by Graham Greene
- May - The Man Who Knew Too Much by G.K. Chesterton
- June - A Man of the People by Chinua Achebe

I propose we pick up one of these books each month out of the totally selfish reason of making it easier for me! :) I would really like to participate with this blog.

I am currently reading (besides High Fidelity):
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
Calvin's Commentary on the Romans
The Man Who Knew Too Much

5 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

I also suggest we read the DaVinci Code, since they're now making it into a movies.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Hey -

Ok - I'm game to include one of your books each month. But not January because those were pre-selected by other people and I committed to reading them (except Flannery). =P

So, reading everyone comments I would suggest the following reading list for February:

1. What a Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck;
2. East of Eden by John Steinbeck;
3. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien; and
4. Deadline by Randy Alcorn

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

p.s. I'd rather not select more than one month in advance because we never know who may want to join in and someone may suggest something beyond fantastic. Let's go month-by-month, if that's ok! (Always referring back, of course, to previously suggested titles.)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

Sounds great. Thanks for being so willing to make things easy on me. I LOVE the books you're picking!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

May I also request we read Bobos in Paradise sometime? Consider...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home