Tuesday, July 18, 2006

AUGUST READS

Ok, here's the list for August:

1. Utah Blaine, by Louis Lamour (Sky);

2. Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller (Bonnie);

3. Revelations of a Single Woman, by Connally Gilliam (Erika)

I've been trying to get a hold of Anneke to get her pick for August, but I haven't heard back from her. If we don't hear anything from her by next week, I would suggest we confirm the list with "Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast" by Robin McKinley which another friend had suggested to me. It's an awesome book! (I just got started in it.) Lots of fun. Quick read. Barring objections and word from Ani, I'd say let's go for that and start making our interlibrary loan requests. ;) (Which I ALWAYS have to do!)

Also, here's some interesting book news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4630636.stm


What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Ani said...

OK, Carrie, your book idea sounds good. Life is a little crazy right now, I'll try to come up with some other book ideas for future months.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

No problem! I look forward to future selections. So that makes the official fourth book Beauty. I'm almost done with it myself and it is FABULOUS (I think).

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

yay for Sky's pick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home