Thursday, March 16, 2006

At The Back of the North Wind

It took me awhile to sit down and read it, and then once I started I smiled and remembered how much I loved it!
I enjoy the writing style, it's so simple and sweet but it has so much hidden meaning. I love the story, it's sort of a Pilgrims Progress in a way, we all walk the same Path of Life but we all walk it differently.

I love that Diamond was named for his Daddy's favorite horse. If my horse didn't have such a weird name I might have done the same thing...

The end leaves you with so much hope because you know that Diamond's adventure has just begun and he can stay forever in the place that was so special to him.

It reminds me of the end in the last book of Narnia, they are sad because they don't want to leave again and Aslan tells them that they don't have to because they will stay forever and it isn't the end of anything but it's the beggining of everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home