Thursday, March 02, 2006

End of the Spear

I just finished reading this book a few minutes ago. Having read, "Through Gates of Splendor" growing up and admiring Jim Elliot, I was curious to get more of the Saint side of the story.

I was not disappointed in the story, the entertainment or the admiration I feel towards Steve Saint's family.

I also bawled considerably at the end of it. (You might want to chalk that up to being pregnant, I don't know.) To hear about everything that they went through and wanted for the tribe . . . .

Sheesh. I have no coherent thoughts. It took the whole last two chapters of the book to quit crying. Periodically I would look up at Jeeves and ask him to "please stop" doing whatever it was he was doing while I dabbed my eyes with kleenex. Whatever, Carrie, right?!

Anyway, I'm glad to have read it. I hope At the Back of the North Wind is considerably more cheery.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

oooh! now I"m looking forward to it! (dont' have a copy yet)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home