Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ani's Future Picks

Two ideas for future reads:

1) I just finished Atonement, by Ian McEwan. Haunting. It was recommended by Dr. Leithart, and I'd like to know what the rest of you think of it.

2) This is for Carrie, after her outburst Re: Amy Carmichael. Pandita Ramabai is known as the first Indian ( east ) woman to speak out on behalf of the plight of Indian women. She believed firmly that her allegiance was to her home country first, instead of to England. She rose against the tide of many Western missionaries who sought to create English churches and culture in India. I'd like to know more about her. Anybody interested in reading a biography about her?

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ani said...

OK, I take back my idea about Atonement. The Pandita Ramabai idea still stands though. Any thoughts?

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Personally, right now, after two months worth of missionary stories -- I'm ready for a break. Maybe sometime down the road, yes, but not for awhile.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

Annekemae, that DOES sound interesting. Perhaps we can put it on the list for future...? I love "different" christian stories; none of these holy-un-human uber-missionaries I grew up reading about. I wasn't people who struggle, but by God's grace, overcome; just like I can.

Great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home