Wednesday, June 28, 2006

THE FINAL LIST

(Thanks, Bonnie! -- I think. ;)

So the official reading list for July is as follows, barring immediate objections (which I do not anticipate):

1. Atonement, by Ian McEwan (Anneke);

2. The Grasshopper Trap, by Patrick McManus (Carrie);

3. The Peterkin Papers, by Lucretia Hale (Rose); and

4. Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (Bonnie).

I've never read any Russian lit so C&P should prove interesting. Something tells me that I'm going to be glad we have two light reads in the process. =D This will be fun! I'll change the sidebar directly.

The only thing I was unable to read this month was The Da Vinci Code. All 45 million copies at the library were checked out the entire month. Eventually I will get a hold of one of them and will post commentary after reading it. However, it would appear I'm going to have to wait (as I refuse to buy the book). Did anyone else get a chance to read it?

BTW, August's picks go to Bonnie, Erika, Sky & Anneke. If you four have a book you want to go ahead and suggest to us now, please go right ahead! Rose & I will be back in the loop for September. Can you believe we've come this far? I've enjoyed it. You all have really opened new reading horizons for me. Thank you. I hope you have enjoyed this as well.

5 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

BTW - what would everyone say to the following for September:

1. Rose picks one;
2. I pick one;
3. Lisa T. picks one (as she periodically reads along with us); and
4. Karen R. picks one (for the same reason)

?

Any objections?

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger B said...

Sounds good to me. May I suggest Blue Like Jazz for August? My mom keeps recommending it. If someone else suggested it earlier, though, I don't mind finding something else.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

you've GOT to be kidding. Crime and Punishment? I'm not even half way done with June!!!

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waa haa haa to Erika!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger LT said...

Wow.....pressure on picking a book. :-) (not that I mind, really). I'll have to think about what I want to read. I've been getting ideas from all of you and enjoying those that I have read. I'll get back to you on my allotted pick for September.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home