Monday, May 15, 2006

A TOAST TO TOMORROW

First things first .......

THANK YOU, ROSE, FOR SUGGESTING THIS BOOK!

Ok, I have to admit I didn't try very hard to track this book down to read because I really wasn't sure about it. I'm so glad I put forth the final effort though. If anyone else is having a hard time finding this book - don't give up! Given the fact that it was written in 1940(1?) it may be a bit difficult to locate. I believe Amazon has it and I intend to purchase a copy for myself. According to this library check out card located in the back of the book-- this book fell from interest sometime in the '70's. Pity.

World War II is my favorite period in history so I was immediately captivated by the book within the first few pages. I loved getting a fictional glance of the German powers from an "inside source" who put his own life on the line many a time in order to do things "right."

I have no idea what to say about it, really, except if you like clean action/adventure and are fascinated by people and events surrounding WWII -- you'll love this book. It boasts twists and turns and characters worth admiring. I positively loved it. Quick, easy read and fun story line!

Thanks for the read, Rose! Awesome pick.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger return home gnome said...

Hrm, having hard time locating this book.... may have to use my Library of Congress access.
Muhahahaha!!!!!!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Use the power! =D It's so worth it.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

P.S. I finally got a hold of a copy of The Man Who Knew Too Much. I really DO think it was just me but I could NOT get into it worth beans. I got about half way through before giving up. =Z Sorry 'bout that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home