Wednesday, June 07, 2006

THE LITTLE PRINCE

Hmmm interesting. My MIL had a copy of this book so I snagged her copy for the quick read that it was. I definitely agree with eLr in saying it's not a book simply for children. I thought it examined the interests and obsessions of humans very well. It portrayed our selfishness.

How often I, too, get wrapped up in "things of consequence" that are little more than time wasters. I miss the bigger picture, the grand adventure and charming pictures all around me when I become consumed with details that don't matter. I think that was what struck me most when reading the book. When we're kids - we're delighted with the world around us. As we grow up - our imaginations are shaken by realities and hardships. Yes, adults are to be pitied sometimes. Myself included. (Am I REALLY all grown up?)

But there's still magic and I think this book was a good reminder not to ignore it.

1 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Sky said...

I love this book. I love the pilot in it, and I love the reminder of the simplicity of childhood that it envokes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home