Friday, June 02, 2006

Indo Dreaming

By Neil Grant

"My dead friend is sending me postcards. It's like a voice from hell".
So says the cover of this surfing odyssey set in Australia and Indonesia.
The book has it all: action, romance, mystery and very believable characters who work their way through the story line.
I enjoyed reading about the surfing (a skill I do not possess)and the adventures of Goog were very believable. The end of the story is very unpredictable!

Sky says;
I saw this review when I typed the wrong blog address; www.bookfest.blogspot.com

It intrigued me. I need to read it.

And then I was reminded of one of my favorite openers, it's from Quest for a Maid by Frances May Hendry. "When I was nine years old I hid under a table and heard my sister kill a king."
It's a fiction for youth based on the history and legend of the little princess from Norroway who was to save the Kingdom by marriage to Prince Edward of England.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home