Monday, June 05, 2006

THE UNEXPECTED MRS. POLLIFAX

Another Sky pick which translates: A happy, good time.

Light reading. This book won't take long to read, in part because its so fun you just don't want to put it down. The pages whirl by.

I liked the idea of a senior citizen finding a new career in life. I like the idea of finally setting out to do something that you've always wanted to do. Truthfully, she reminded me a bit of J's grandmother who passed away earlier this year. She looked for the good in situations and people and made light of what would send other people to their beds for months on end. That is, in essence, Mrs. Pollifax. With a twist of violence, and hint of mystery, of course.

Thanks for the entertainment!

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Alas, I didn't get a chance to read it this time around, but I had just discovered this author and series a few years ago and stayed up late one night to finish this book. I totally agree with your opinion. Not a classic, but very readable; fun, light, breezy, enjoyable. I'd like to read more of Mrs. Pollifax's adventures, as I understand she had quite a few.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home