Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Note on Atonement

I just arrived back from vacation and discovered the book list for July , with Atonement first. I talked to Carrie about this, but wanted to write a general note as well. I was recommended this book by Dr. Leithart, and read it a few months ago. I found it well-written, thought-provoking, and haunting. I also found several to-skip sex scenes. SO, this is just a note of warning: it's a good novel, but 'modern' in the sense that sometimes the author doesn't know when to draw the curtain. I hope nobody is too surprised or offended. And sorry about the mix-up. If anybody does read it, I 'd be interested in your response.
I do have another suggestion. Housekeeping, by Marilynne Robinson. It was published in the last two years, and I found it at the library without having to place a hold. Hope you like it!

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Not a problem on the change. Glad to have the warning ahead of time! =) I will change the blog ON CONDITION THAT you actually COMMENT about the book that you've suggested.

Everyone keeps saying, "Tell me what you think of [book] when you are done reading it!" but seldom feel the need to share their own thoughts.

I'm getting awfully curious to hear from some of you as to books read! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home